Terms & Conditions for Participation in Thermo Fisher Scientific EM Image Contest
You agree that submission of an entry in the contest sponsored by Thermo Fisher Scientific constitutes agreement to these Rules.
"Contest" means Thermo Fisher Scientific's Image Contest as further described in these Rules.
"Entry" means information submitted to Thermo Fisher Scientific by a Participant as part of the Contest.
"Participant" means any individual or entity submitting an Entry as part of the Contest.
"Rules" means the rules set forth in this document.
- To be eligible to participate in the Contest, a Participant must (i) be 18 or older, (ii) either own or has access to use an FEI or ASPEX microscope, (iii), and (iv) be a registered user on FEI.com.
- Only images taken from a FEI instrument (including Philips and ASPEX ) will be accepted.
- The employees of Thermo Fisher Scientific and its affiliates, subsidiaries and its and their families are not eligible.
- There is no purchase necessary to participate.
- Multiple entries per Participant are permitted.
- Entries must be received no later than December 31, 2017; provided that Thermo Fisher Scientific reserves the right in its sole discretion to extend the deadline.
- The contest is not open to residents of Cuba, Iran, Syria, North Korea, Sudan, Myanmar (Burma), or to other individuals restricted by U.S. or other export controls and sanctions, and is void in any other nation, state, or province where prohibited
or restricted by U.S. or local law. The Contest is not open to Participants in countries that do not allow the limitations of liability for Thermo Fisher Scientific set forth herein.
- Each Participant retains ownership of all intellectual and industrial property rights in and to the Entry that Participant had before submitting the Entry. As a condition of entry, Participant grants Thermo Fisher Scientific a perpetual, transferrable,
irrevocable, worldwide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to use, reproduce, adapt, modify, publish, distribute, publicly perform, and publicly display any Entry that Participant submits as part of this Contest for any purpose. Participant
shall not submit Entries containing information that Participant does not have the ability to grant the above license to. Participant agrees not to submit proposals that require use of intellectual property rights that Participant does not have
the right to use in the manner specified in the Entry. As a condition of award, Thermo Fisher Scientific in its sole discretion may require evidence of the winner's ability to grant the license set forth above. Thermo Fisher Scientific will not
be liable for any claims that an Entry infringes upon the intellectual property rights of any party and Participant agrees to indemnify and hold Thermo Fisher Scientific harmless from all such claims.
- Original black & white or colorized images are permitted. Thermo Fisher Scientific reserves the right to colorize images for use in other company sales and marketing materials.
- All types of samples and microscopy techniques are acceptable.
Images must be:
- Uploaded via the entry form at http://emimagecontest.com/submit-your-image/ between June 1 - December 31, 2017.
- Preferred image width: 3072px. Please submit the highest quality image with regard to file size, bit depth, and resolution.
- Maximum uploaded file size is 30MB.
- Image must be in .jpg or tiff format.
- Larger file size may be requested in support of promotional materials.
- There are no limitations on the number of images that registered owners and users can submit provided they conform to these terms and conditions.
- There is no purchase necessary to participate.
3. Determination of Winner
- Entries will be judged on visual impact, technical proficiency, degree of difficulty in capturing image,scientific merit and applicability to real-world application challenges.
- Monthly winners will be determined by a panel of Thermo Fisher Scientific applications experts. The decision of the Thermo Fisher Scientific panel is final.
- Monthly winners will be notified by email. Winner must reply within three (3) business days, acknowledging receipt and acceptance of their status and associated prize.
- Grand prize winner will be announced in early 2018.
- Decisions of the contest judges are final - no substitutions will be available.
- The prize is not redeemable in cash and must be accepted as awarded.
- 2017 Thermo Fisher Scientific Image Contest Grand Prize is a Canon EOS 80D DSLR Camera with 2 STM Lens Bundle
- The Thermo Fisher Scientific Image Contest monthly prize is a $400 cash.
- By claiming the prize, the winner authorizes the use, without additional compensation of his or her name and/or likeness and/or voice/photograph and municipality of residence for promotion and/or advertising purposes in any manner and in any medium
which Thermo Fisher Scientific and its affiliates may deem appropriate.
- All federal, state, and local taxes on prize are the sole responsibility of the winner.
5. Obligations of Winner
- Participant releases Thermo Fisher Scientific, and its affiliates, subsidiaries, vendors, advertising and promotion agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest, and the respective officers, directors, shareholders,
agency employees of the foregoing (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all liability with respect to or in any way arising from participation in the Contest or acceptance or use of any prize including liability for personal injury,
damages and loss, and Thermo Fisher Scientific and its designees use of any entry. Entry constitutes permission to use any winner's name, likeness and entry for advertising, publicity and other purposes, in any and all media now or hereafter known,
without further notice or compensation, except where prohibited by law.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific retains the rights, in its absolute and sole discretion, to make substitutions of equivalent kind or approximate value in the event of the unavailability of any prize or component of the prize for any reason whatsoever.
6. General Rules
- This contest is subject to all federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Thermo Fisher Scientific reserves the right to withdraw or terminate this contest at any time without prior notice.
- All entries will be retained by Thermo Fisher Scientific and can be used in promotional material both online and in print.
- Participants agree that personal data including, but not limited to, name, mailing address, phone number, and email address may be collected, processed, stored and otherwise used for the purposes of conducting and administering the Contest. This data
may be transferred into the United States. Further, this data may also be used by Thermo Fisher Scientific to verify a Participant's identity, postal address and telephone number in the event a Participant qualifies for any applicable prize as
well as to deliver the applicable prize(s). Participants have the right to access, review, rectify or cancel any personal data held by Thermo Fisher Scientific in connection with the Contest by writing to Thermo Fisher Scientific (Attention: Legal
Department) at 5350 NE Dawson Creek Drive, Hillsboro, OR 97124 USA. If a Participant does not provide the required data when requested, that Participant's Entries will be ineligible for any prizes.
- All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of the official rules, or the rights of entrants, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with, the substance laws of the state of Oregon, without
regard to conflicts of law principles.